Golden Eagle Dinner
The Alabama-Florida Council annually hosts several Golden Eagle Dinners throughout the council. The purpose of these dinners is to:
Help fund the Boy Scout Program in the Wiregrass
- Helps keep the cost of Scouting affordable so all families can participate, regardless of finances
- Scouting’s largest source of revenue
Recognize Eagle Scouts and Highlight Scouting’s Service to the Community
- Recognize our current class of Eagle Scouts, plus all who previously earned Scouting highest youth award
- The Scout Slogan is, ‘Do a Good Turn Daily’. Scouts plan and conduct a variety of community service projects each year. Eagle Scout Service Projects are featured during the dinner
Honor Citizens who give ‘Scout Like’ Service to the Community
- Recognize citizens who serve our community through financial, volunteer or business leadership
There is no admission fee or ticket required. A donation to support Scouting will be requested. Reservations are required to ensure seating space and meal availability.
Table hosts invite guests to join them at their table(s). There is no table host fee. Guests will be asked to support Scouting with a donation.
Sponsor level donations made prior to the dinner will be listed in the printed dinner program and will recieve special recogintion during the dinner.
To made a dinner reservation call 334.793.7882
Eufaula: Thursday, May 25 - Honoree: Pam Sneed; Steering Committee Chair: Terry Honan; Dinner Co-Chairs: Jay Jaxon and Debbie LeMaistre. The dinner had a record attendance and achieved 100% of it's finance goal!
Dothan:Thursday, June 29 - Honoree: Dr. Nelson Gwinn; Dinner Co-Chairs: Arthur Gardner and Dr. Mo Hassan. If you can't attend the dinner, but would like to show your support, click here to donate.
Troy: Jun 22 - Honoree: Maj. Gen. Dr. Walter Givhan; Steering Committee Chair: Jeff Kervin; Dinner Chair: Solhail Agboatwala
Enterprise: August 22 - Honoree: John Merrill; Steering Committee Co-Chairs: James Tarbox and Fred Livaudais
Marianna: October 19 - Steering Committee Chair: Art Kimbrough
If you are interested in being a table host, just let us know.
For more information, please contact the council office.