Join us for three days of fun on the water at Camp Rotary in Eufaula for Alabama-Florida Council’s third annual Kayak Adventure Camp. Earn both the Kayaking Merit Badge and the BSA Kayaking Award.
Camp Rotary is Alabama-Florida Council’s short term camp for kayaking, canoeing, fishing, bird watching and other high adventure activities on Cowikee Creek/Lake Eufaula. The camp is located just up Cowikee Creek from Lakepoint State Park and the 11,184 acre Eufaula National Wildlife Refuge.
The cost of the Kayaking Adventure is only $35 per participant which includes food and the use of the kayaks.
- Registration is limited to the first 24 staff and participants so everyone can have their own kayak.
- Participants must be registered members of Scouts – BSA, Venturing or a registered Scouter, be in good physical condition, and be able to pass the BSA Swimmer Test.
- Participants should bring: Tent w/ground cloth or hammock w/rain cover, sleeping bag, ground pad, knife, fork, spoon, cup, bowl and plate, 2 short sleeve T-shirts, 1 long sleeve T-shirt, wide brim hat or baseball hat, 2 pair shorts, 3 pair underpants, bathing suit, 1 pair tennis shoes, 1 pair of water shoes or a second old pair of tennis shoes, 3 pair socks, 2 bath towels, kayaking gloves are recommended but not required, 2 – 1 liter water bottles, waterproof cell phone case if you plan to take a cell phone kayaking, personal toilet items, sunscreen, insect repellent, dark glasses w/tether, flashlight, pocket knife, micro first-aid kit, phone charger, empty 1 gallon milk jug with top, 1 trash bag to bring wet clothes home in, 1 trash bag for dirty clothes, clothes line and clothes pins. Fishing gear – optional.
- Check in on Friday morning, July 10th, before 9:00 AM and depart Sunday afternoon, July 12th, at 11:00 AM.
- Camp Rotary is located at 1739 Gammage Road in Eufaula, AL. To get to camp, drive north on US-431 two miles from downtown Eufaula, turn left onto Gammage Road/County Road 97 and go north 8.7 miles. Camp Rotary is located on the right hand side of the road.
- Registration: Register at the Scout office and pay the early registration fee of $35 registration fee by June 15th . After June 15th the fee will be $45. If you have questions contact Terry Honan 334-695-3520 email: email@example.com or Leckie Mattox 334-695-1560 email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Brad Moore 334-750-7824 email:email@example.com