Golden Eagle Dinner
The Alabama-Florida Council annually hosts several Golden Eagle Dinners throughout the council. The purpose of these dinners is to:
Help fund the Boy Scout Program in the Wiregrass
- Helps keep the cost of Scouting affordable so all families can participate, regardless of finances
- Scouting’s largest source of revenue
Recognize Eagle Scouts and Highlight Scouting’s Service to the Community
- Recognize our current class of Eagle Scouts, plus all who previously earned Scouting highest youth award
- The Scout Slogan is, ‘Do a Good Turn Daily’. Scouts plan and conduct a variety of community service projects each year. Eagle Scout Service Projects are featured during the dinner
Honor Citizens who give ‘Scout Like’ Service to the Community
- Recognize citizens who serve our community through financial, volunteer or business leadership
There is no admission fee or ticket required. A donation to support Scouting will be requested. Reservations are required to ensure seating space and meal availability.
Table hosts invite guests to join them at their table(s). There is no table host fee. Guests will be asked to support Scouting with a donation.
Sponsor level donations made prior to the dinner will be listed in the printed dinner program and will recieve special recogintion during the dinner.
To made a dinner reservation call 334.793.7882
Dothan:Thursday, September 19, 6:30pm Dothan Civic Center - Honoree: Governor Kay Ivey; Dinner Chair Davis Malone. Reservations required. Sponsorship oppertunities available. For reservations or questions, call our service center at 334.793.7882 or click here.
Eufaula: April 18 - Honoree: Dr. Melvin Oakley. Steering Committee Chair: Terry Honan; Dinner Chair Charles Blackmon.
Troy: Thursday, May 16 - Honoree: James Booty Bruce. Steering Committee Chair: Jeff Kervin; Dinner Chair: Clif Lusk
Enterprise: Tuesday, August 27 - Honoree: Katie & Wesley Britt. Steering Committee Chair: James Tarbox. For reservations or questions, call our service center at 334.793.7882
Marianna: Date TBA - Honoree: Pat Crisp; Steering Committee Chair: Art Kimbrough; Dinner Chair: Mark Sims
If you are interested in being a table host, just let us know.
For more information, please contact the council office.